Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Glam

I am working on a holiday dessert table for a fundraiser hosted by the Women of Homeland Security.  All proceeds go the No Greater Sacrifice Foundation which helps educate children of permanently wounded or fallen members of the armed forces.  They wanted to go with the classic red & white color scheme which I love.  I was trying to decide if I wanted to go kinda retro with it but instead I'm going to go more glam.

 I saw a blog post about making a tinsel garland wreath and found what I needed at the Dollar Tree!  I really want a red feather wreath but I haven't had any luck.  (If anyone knows of where to get one let me know!)   Also came across these peppermint sticks which I'm going to crush up and use on some of the desserts.




I'll keep you updated on the progress and I'll post the DIY for the wreath on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. A tinsel wreath sounds cute! I'm wishing I'd had this idea before deciding to make four ornament wreaths for my party in only a few weeks! Can't wait to see the end results!

    ReplyDelete