Monday, November 15, 2010

Donovan's 1st birthday!

So my little munchkin turned the big numero uno a couple of months ago. We had a little shindig to celebrate, laugh and be sad about where all the time had gone. He is getting so big as I still try to hold on to the memories of holding him for the first time :(


Well, as I step off my soapbox, let's move on shall we!!!
I decided to do Cookie Monster as the theme. I kept it basic and used the Cookie Monster electric blue and white as my colors. I found some great paper lanterns on clearance from Michael's for 15 cents! You can't beat that!


At first I wanted to do a big blowout party but because of  last-minute budget changes since we had just moved into our new place, I decided to keep it simple. (forgive the pics, they're from my iphone)




this was hanging above the dessert buffet

treat buckets!

stuff for the kiddies!

We had sugar cookies, chocolate covered oreos, brownies and jawbreakers


I've already started on his 2nd birthday which will be the big bash.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter would love this right now...cookie is her favorite new word and cookie monster gets pulled out a lot!

    ReplyDelete